Thursday, November 20, 2008

Roma, Italia





Roma, Italia was a facinating city that was well worth the 70 EUR extra taxi fare my roommate and I had to shell out for missing our bus to the airport. I got to meet up with an old friend of mine from high school that I haven't seen in years, saw the Colesseum, St. Peter's Square, the Pantheon and ate many pizzas. We treked the city for three days, posing in front of ancient pagan temple ruins and trying to make our selves understood by old Italian waiters who didn't speak English. November is actually a quite beautiful time of year to visit if the weather is merciful. You skip the incredible mad tourist rush and lines of summer peak season and can enjoy six hour tours of the city without boiling to death under the Mediterreanan sun. Typically things were a bit cheaper than in Barcelona, so that was a bit of break for my exhausted wallet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how were the pizzas?? i hope that someday in my life I can enjoy all the things that you have enjoyed. maybe we can go one day...

Marc said...

Hi Erica!! Beautiful photos! We'll talk about it. See you!